Monday 1 December 2014

What to do when your sick!


Today I'm very poorly and I considered leaving my blog for this week because it was effort just reaching for my laptop but I decided to turn a negative into a positive and used my being ill as inspiration for today's post!

  1. one thing I like to do when I'm poorly is to put my favourite film on usually that's the cat in the hat or angus thongs and perfect snogging or maybe the notebook, it depends on my mood
  2. I also like to find a book to read especially if I have a headache, I find it more peaceful than watching the TV.
  3. When I'm poorly my favourite thing to eat is tinned tomato soup or chicken noodles, if Im that poorly im throwing up or it hurts to swallow then its tomato soup but if its just that I feel a tad under the weather then I'll eat the noodles.
  4. Like most poorly people I mainly stay in bed for the full day but if im poorly for over two days I get bored easily and I have to curl up in the front room on the sofa.
  5. to me when I'm ill its important to keep as comfy as possible, I plump all my pillows up, grab some extra cushions and curl up with my hot water bottle. 
  6. The best thing to do when your poorly is have the heating on and drink lots of water, it can help because you will sweat more and help the illness leave your body quicker.
  7. depending on my illness, I'll take a very hot bath, if I feel sick it makes it worse so I usually just do that if I'm achey.
  8. I will also take some medication so if I have a cold I just take some cold/flu tablets or whatever medicine will help me out!
I don't want to actually spend too long on this as I'm really tired and I can't think of much else that I do so yeah I'll leave it here, if you're poorly and your reading this I hope it gives you some comfort and ideas of what to do whenever your poorly and I wish you a speedy recovery and if your not poorly, thanks for reading anyway and I hope you also get ideas of what to do when you're poorly

hayl xo

you can also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment