Sunday 11 January 2015

Don't worry.. Be Happy


I worry - A LOT and I wish I didn't and it probably wont even change but maybe having a written down example as to why I shouldn't worry will give me a sort of tangible reminder that it (the worrying thing) can be fine!

So last Wednesday I had a job interview and it was extremely important to me because it's a job I really want. After applying I had to wait over 3 weeks for a reply and as it was my second time applying for the role (different recruiting schemes) I wasn't optimistic at all but I was overjoyed when I saw I had an interview. 
      I decided (even though this was in November) that I wanted to be interviewed in January as it'd give me time to acclimatise and be prepared. It did work, I felt fully confident I knew what to do in the interview. On Wednesday I was going shopping with Hollie (I've mentioned her before) and we made it back a little late. I didn't panic too much because it wasn't too far away, I then looked at my confirmation email to check what I needed to take and found that I was supposed to attend 30 minutes before the interview.. queue a major panic! 
      I met Holl at the bus stop and cried my eyes out, I was so scared that I wouldn't be interviewed because of how late I was.. by the time I got there I was about an hour late including the turning up half an hour early. To calm me down Holl decided we'd be best off walking to another bus stop that was further away and all the while she was saying so much encouraging things ('you'll be fine, loads of people turn up late', 'they're not gonna say you can't be interviewed.. they'll probably be happier you came at all rather than leaving it') but in my head it just wasn't working, I wasn't able to calm down until I got there! 
      When I eventually made it there wasn't a single thing to worry about, the security guard confirmed everything holl was saying, apparently everyone had turned up late! The interview turned out to be the best interview I could've had, one of the interviewers was a slightly older version of me, the other interviewer was dumbstruck because of it! 

The whole point of that story is that if I hadn't gone, if I didn't have my bestfriend calming me down I would have worried myself to a point of going home and regretting it for the rest of my life! Im certainly a 'when the going gets tough - the tough get going' kind of girl and I think I may always be and I don't know why.. I just really need to change it because one day I wont have people that will calm me down and I will just end up quitting and leaving it. 

The moral of this post is: You'll never know unless you try.. don't just leave something without even giving it a go because you could end up seriously regretting it! 

The other moral is: when your bestfriend tells you it'll be fine.. listen cause shes probably right!P.S. if your reading this holl, thank you so much, I honestly don't think I'd have gone if it hadn't been for you re-assuring me and convincing me it'd be fine, I cannot thank you enough, Love you!

So yeah, this was just to show that if you just try you never know what  could happen, I am for sure glad I tried and im sure you all will be!

Hayl xo 
You can also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment